The foundation of any profitable company is made up of an effective and productive support staff.
The receptionists and secretaries (or what is more modernly called office administrators or assistants) help to make managers, executives, and entire departments do great things.
The below list of interview questions for administrative assistants apply to the following professional fields:
Medical & Legal Assistants — Sales Support Assistants — Personal Assistants to CEOs — Teaching Assistants — Project Management Assistants — Personal Injury Assistants — Marketing — Administrative — Accounting & Financial Services — Laboratory — Operations — Human Resources — Program — Veterinary — Activities — Business Support — Customer Service — Public Relations
List of Administrative Assistant Interview Questions — Best Questions to Ask Secretaries, Receptionists, Legal/Executive Assistants & Other Support-Level Staff
1. Do you consider yourself a patient person?
2. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Are you more outgoing or a private person?
3. How do you describe your personality? Bubbly? Upbeat? Reserved?
4. Do you speak any other languages?
5. Are you able to multitask? Provide me with an example of what you might be juggling on an average day.
6. What office equipment are you able to use?
7. With your current employer, what has been your attendance record?
8. How are you with understanding accents and working with individuals who are foreign nationals?
9. How do you handle stressful situations?
10. How many phone lines are you comfortable handling?
11. Are you capable of handling multiple inquiries simultaneously; staff, front door, customers, phone?
12. What software are you comfortable using?
13. Are you comfortable placing cold calls to leads and existing clients?
14. Do you have experience making national and international travel arrangements?
15. Are you willing/capable of traveling should we require you to accompany a manager or executive on a business trip?
16. Would you be able to comply with our company’s dress code?
17. How are you at handling as-needed projects? Do you mind unexpected tasks?
18. Do you consider yourself a brisk worker, or one who is slower paced yet persistent and consistent?
19. Outline the types of people or teams that you have supported over the years.
20. Do you have experience managing an executive calendar and scheduling appointments? What software?
Are you losing job offers because your interviewing skills need some touch-up? Click Here to Request a 15-Minute Consultation to Discuss Your Interviewing Needs & Our Coaching Options
21. Tell me about your customer service experience.
22. Provide me with an example of a recent challenge you’ve faced with a visiting sales rep, vendor, customer. What happened and how did you handle?
23. Tell me about your experiences working with your current manager. What do you find the most challenging?
24. Provide me with a quick list of the last few projects you’ve worked on through the last 2-3 years.
25. Do you like taking on ad-hoc projects? Or are you someone who prefers a set day-to-day schedule?
26. If asked, what would your current employers say about you?
27. Have you had any involvement with introducing new systems or technologies to help improve performance within the company?
28. Any professional involvement with social media and online networking, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn?
29. Do you help your current manager with maintaining his online presence?
30. Lastly, do you like working on the front lines of a company? What do you think that is?
31. Describe your ideal manager. What type of managers would help you deliver your best performance?
BONUS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:
Below are more recommended interview questions from around the web:
RobertHalf.com recommends this interview question to further identify your relationships with supervisors:
Monster.com recommends this interview question to further determine your preference towards corporate culture:
About.com recommends this interview question to learn more about your thoughts on working in a team environment:
LIKE WHAT YOU SEE?
Join the 3,000+ fans who "Like Us on Facebook." Get quick access to FREE downloads, along with how-to articles, job-search guides, and other resources to shortcut your job search, boost your career, and subsequently "double your salary."